Protection above all
The protective cream, lotion or milk – this is the first product that should be in the beach bag. The choice you make it depending on the time you will spend it at the beach. Thus, products with high protection factor protect longer than others. Very important is that the product is applied with approximately 30 minutes before sun exposure and the operation must be repeated every time out of water. Choose quality products because in addition to protecting against the too powerful rays they have other benefits for the skin also: improve elasticity, smooth skin and protect against aging.
Take care of your skin
Choose a special powder beach that is designed to remove facial shine and absorb excess sebum. In addition it allows the skin to protect it from sweat and sun. It is also necessary to use a base cream with a high SPF.
Sun, wind, sea salts or chlorine in the pool affect the hair, leaving it without brightness and volume. Before entering the water apply a special spray for protection and hydration, and after swimming rinse your hair with clean water. Don’t forget that throughout the summer it is recommended to use a shampoo with UV factor.
Makeup for the beach
Choose a makeup simple and natural. A little mascara and lip gloss or a natural colour is sufficient. Beware, however, the products used must be water resistant.
- The day before you leave to the beach exfoliate your whole body to get it ready for a long lasting tan.
- Don’t spend all day at the beach and especially avoid lunch hours. To get an even and beautiful tan, walk on the beach and do simple exercises in water. Walking improves circulation, while walking through water is an excellent exercise for the thighs and buttocks.
- Drink plenty of fluids. By sweating, the body loses fluids and minerals. So you need to make sure you stay hydrated while on the beach. Avoid sodas because they give the wrong impression that the body has accumulated a sufficient amount of liquid. Much more suitable are: plain water, herbal teas and natural juices.
- No matter what type of skin you have, facial skin is very sensitive and exposed without protection from the sun, it burns very quickly. Choose either skincare products especially designed for the beach or a sun lotion with high SPF (30). Apply them with circular moves, avoiding eye area. Also your lips need a strong moisturizing conditioner, because they are equally sensitive to the sun. For the lips to look natural and to prevent getting them dried reapply the balm every half hour. Also remember to use a nail varnish, specially designed for sun exposure.
- Move your bathing suit straps periodically. This will help cut down on tan lines.
- Don’t forget to turn over. You don’t want to be tan on one side and white on the other.
- Wear a scarf or a hat.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- After the beach apply on the body a moisturizing and cooling milk and a cream for bronze acceleration.
Sun products cannot be used the following summer! A product which has already been exposed to the sun can lose its protective properties, so it should not be used the following year. During your summer vacation or outdoor activity, try not to leave a product in direct sunlight or in the back of the car.